The Community Space, located in the library annex next door at 904 Elmgrove Rd., is accessed through a corridor on the library’s first floor. It is a long, rectangular room seating 100, that can be divided in half with a retractable wall, with each half seating 50. Please note that sound may bleed through this wall when both halves are in use, so the library makes every effort not to book two groups at the same time.
- Furniture: The room has 70 chairs (some stored on dollies) and wheeled tables that can be easily moved around. For groups of more than 70, chairs can be brought over from the library (with advance notice at time of booking).
- Tech: The room has WiFi, and an AV system with two ceiling-mounted video projectors and screens (one pair per half). A single device can be output to one or both screens. The room does not include a computer or DVD/Blu-ray player, but the library can provide either with advance notice at time of booking. For those bringing their own laptop, a wireless dongle is available that allows Windows or Mac laptops to screencast through the AV system. A podium with microphone is available for those needing amplification.
- Please note that setup and teardown are the responsibility of those using the room.
Large Study Room
The Large Study Room seats up to 8 people.
- Furniture: One long (non-moveable) table, 8 chairs, and a whiteboard with magic markers.
- Tech: The room has WiFi, and an external monitor (26″) for connecting your laptop via an HDMI cable. If you do not have your own HDMI cable, you may borrow one at the Front Desk.
Small Study Room
The Small Study Room seats 4-5 people.
- Furniture: One table, 5 chairs, and a whiteboard with magic markers.
- Tech: The room has WiFi.