The Gates Public Library will be a dynamic gathering place of discovery at the heart of the community.
The Gates Public Library will continue to be a friendly, creative learning center where the staff engage with the public to develop a variety of collections, resources, and programs that will encourage education, literacy, personal enjoyment and professional growth.
New York State Resources
- Handbook for Library Trustees of New York State 2015 Edition
- New York State Board of Regents Statement on the Governance Role of a Trustee or Board Member
Gates Public Library
- Library Board Meeting Minutes
- Library Policies
- Library Board of Trustees Bylaws
- 2017 Library Budget
- 2014-2018 Long Range Plan
- Staff Organization Chart
- New York Libraries Trustees Online: Built collaboratively by 23 of New York State’s library systems, including the Monroe County Library System, this website contains resources on library policy development, tools to evaluate library directors, and the ability to connect with other library trustees and library directors in New York State.
- Library Trustees Association of New York: Established by the New York State Board of Regents, the LTA of New York collects and produces resources for trustees as well as offers periodic educational seminars and webinars.