* A moveable partition can divide the Community Space in half; however, sound may bleed through when both spaces are in use. The library makes every effort not to book two groups at the same time.
† How to pay: Payment may be made by cash, credit card, or check (checks payable to Gates Public Library). Payment must be made at the Circulation Desk at the start of room use (no pre-payment).
How to Request
- Meeting Rooms must be requested using the form at the bottom of this page.
- Study Rooms may be requested using the form at the bottom of this page, in person, or by phone (247-6446). For Study Rooms needed the same day, please phone the library rather than filling out the form.
Requestors should not assume their booking is set until receiving a response from the Library. Requests made by online form may take up to 1 week to process.
Use of Rooms
- All present must conform to the Library’s Patron Code of Conduct.
- The group shall be responsible for the conduct of the members and guests during the period of time in which the meeting or function is being held.
- Children’s groups may use the rooms provided an adult (18 years old or older) supervises them.
- The Library cannot guarantee furniture setups. Individuals and groups must be prepared to set up their own furniture and are also responsible for moving their own equipment and materials. Room must be restored to original condition.
- Nothing may be hung from walls or ceiling without prior approval of the Director or designee.
- An audiovisual presentation system is available in both Meeting Rooms. Groups needing access should note this when making the reservation, so that staff can arrange to be available for training at meeting time.
- Lights must remain on at all times unless for the use of audiovisual equipment.
- No Smoking, vaping, or tobacco use.
- No Alcoholic Beverages. Only non-alcoholic beverages with lids may be consumed.
- FOOD POLICY:
- Meeting Rooms: Meals may not be prepared in the Meeting Rooms. Catered meals may be served in the Meeting Rooms. The Library will not provide additional appliances, utensils/plates/cups/napkins, food, or beverages.
- Study Rooms: Meals may not be prepared in the Study Rooms. Only beverages with lids and cold snacks may be consumed in the Study Rooms; no hot foods, take-out foods, or delivered foods are allowed. The Library will not provide additional appliances, utensils/plates/cups/napkins, food, or beverages.
- All meetings must end 10 minutes before the Library closes.
- Damage or misuse resulting in cleaning expenses to the Library may result in loss of room privileges and/or a bill for repairs or cleaning. Any damage is the responsibility of the person making the reservation and the organization.
- ADA: It is the responsibility of the group booking room to provide interpreters, assistive devices, or any other requested aid to disabled people in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. The Library does not provide these services to outside groups. In addition, any publicity for this meeting must carry a statement about the group’s adherence to the ADA.
- Library telephones may not be used by Meeting or Study Room users. Library staff is not responsible for messaging.
- Interpretation and exceptions of this policy is at the discretion of the Library Director or designee.