The Winter in Gates Photo Contest has been extended through Friday, February 17, 2023 and now has new submission options!
The contest is open to three age groups: children, up to and including age 12, teens 13 to 18, and adults 19 and older.
Photos may be submitted digitally or in person between Tuesday, January 3, and Friday, February 17. The photographs will be on display in the Library’s atrium for peer judging from Tuesday, February 21 through Saturday, February 25. Visitors to the Library will be encouraged to vote for their favorite image from each of the three age groups. There is no entrance fee.
We do have a few guidelines to follow, but have fun while you do!
- Be creative. Snow is not a requirement!
- One (1) submission per person
- Photos must have been taken in the Town of Gates
- Photos must not have been previously published or sold
- Photos may be submitted digitally via Facebook or Instagram direct message, through email at GatesPrint@Libraryweb.org, or dropped off at the Gates Public Library during open hours
- Photos will be printed 8” by 10” in dimension, horizontal or vertical (black & white, or color; photo paper or copy paper)
- Photos not picked up from the Gates Public Library by end of day, March 28, 2023 will be discarded, unless prior arrangements are made for return by another method.
That is it! One winner from each age range will be announced on Tuesday, February 28, 2023 and presented with a gift card.
We cannot wait to see your creativity, the pride you have in your hometown and of course the beautiful imagery you capture. Start your new year off with the gift of the visual arts.
Posted on December 20, 2022Back to News