Computers & WiFi
- Public computers are available, running Windows 10 and installed with MS Word, Excel, etc.
- All computers are connected to the Internet and to a networked printer.
- Patrons login with their library card number, or may request a guest pass at the Reference Desk. Internet sessions last 90 minutes.
- Free WiFi is available throughout the building (“Gates_Library”) and does not require a password.
Computer & Technology Help
- Reference librarians are available for general assistance during normal operating hours.
- Tech-Talk is a free digital learning platform with easy-to-read articles, videos, and other fun stuff.
- The Public Library Association’s DigitalLearn.org offers short intro classes on a wide variety of topics, such as Getting Started on a Computer, Creating Resumes, Basic Microsoft Word, and more. All classes are free and self-paced.
Copying / Faxing / Printing / Scanning
- Copying: 20¢ per side for black & white, $1 per side for color.
- Faxing: $1 per page ($10 maximum).
- Scanning: Free (you may scan to your email account or your thumb drive; the library also sells 8GB thumb drives for $3).
- Printing from Library Computers: 20¢ per side for black & white, $1 per side for color.
- Printing from Mobile Devices: 20¢ per side for black & white, $1 per side for color. To send jobs, visit the mobile printing page, or forward your documents to the reference desk email account: email@example.com.
Meeting & Study Rooms
- One Meeting Room is available for groups (capacity 70 persons). Reservations are made online or by calling the Reference Desk at 585-429-8296. Please read our Meeting Room policy before booking.
- The library has a Large Study Room (capacity 8) and a Small Study Room (capacity 4). The Large Study room features Zoom videoconferencing equipment. To reserve either room, please call the library at (585) 247-6446 during library hours.
Notary Public services
The library offers free notary public services. Please call ahead (585-247-6446) to check the notary’s availability.
Proctoring of Exams
The library proctors online exams depending on the test requirements. Please see our Exam Proctoring page for more informatation.
Every year, the library receives a limited number of federal and New York State tax forms. We do not carry all forms, focusing instead on the most common (1040, etc.). A complete selection of federal and state tax forms are available for download on library computers; normal copying costs apply.
Additional information and resources about federal and NYS taxes can be found on our Tax Resources page.