We are excited to announce that this fall we will be launching a new series of free library programs called "Lifelong Learners" targeted to today's active and inquisitive seniors.
- The series will kickoff on September 18th with Antiques Appraisal Roadshow, where antiques expert H. Price Prazar will offer a verbal appraisal of your special family heirloom or treasures. Mr. Prazar has done appraisals since 1984 and has worked with WXXI on their Antique Road Show program.
- On Thursday, October 16th and Thursday, October 23rd we are offering a two part class on Self-Defense for Seniors and Home Safety for Seniors. Both classes will be lead by martial arts expert Matt Dorsey. He will instruct attendees in the basics of personal self-defense adapted to the specific needs of the senior population. At the second class he will provide techniques for securing your home from break ins and burglaries.
- Just in time for Thanksgiving, we will be hosting a Family Recipe Potluck on Saturday, November 15th! Come with your appetite and a dish to pass from your family's cookbook, and leave with some new ideas for you next Thanksgiving dinner.
- Save time this Christmas season and help raise money for the Gates Public Library by having your holiday gifts wrapped by one of our volunteers on Saturday, December 13th.
- Get in on that popular trend of Scrapbooking on Thursday, January 15th. Jen Jacob will lead a class on how to preserve your photographs and keepsakes in a stylish scrapbook. We will provide all materials. You provide the photographs.
- Just in time for Valentine's Day! Thursday, February 12th learn the basics of Flower Arranging from a professional florist and make a bouquet that is as unique as you are.
Register online or by calling (585) 247-6446.